Saturday, September 18, 2010

Kurumi's ACT2, for real this time!

HEYHEYHEY.
(sorry if this entry is a little scattered, my brain has been constantly bombarded with ridiculous Chemistry homework for the passed two days.)

ANYWAY
I've gotten a new microphone. My dad (who lives about a 13 hour drive away from where I live, and who got me my first amazing microphone,) has been alerted of my current situation involving my broken mic and has said he'll get me a new one! Well, actually he said he'll get me two, because apparently they're cheap, and I know they break easily. So everyone who has been looking forward to a newer, smoother, OCTA-LINGUAL (is that work? I doubt it) voicebank, you won't have to wait too much longer! My dad said he was planning on buying it yesterday and that he would send it to me today! It'll probably get here around Wednesday, so as of either Wednesday or Thursday I can start recording her ACT2!

It'll probably take awhile, seeing as how I'm going to record her samples in a higher and softer than they are now (so she doesn't sound so manly and harsh.) She's also (ideally) going to be able to sing in Japanese, English, German, French, Dutch, Russian, Spanish, and Latin. (With all those samples, I'll be recording for a long time. Plus, the cool thing is, when she has all those samples, she'll probably be able to sing in just about any language, if used correctly!)

In case you couldn't tell, I'm stoked.

I'll update you on this when I get started.

ALSO, triphones. I don't know when I'll start them (because I want to redo what I've already got and they're a bitch to record,) so I don't want to make any promises. I'm thinking I might not bother, what with the new UTAU resampler out. I find it makes Kurumi sound ALMOST as good as if she had triphones =)

So yeah, I'll update you guys later.

No comments:

Post a Comment